Monday, September 18, 2006

bottle rocket crush

In the midst of high pressure re-writes, I had a moment of loving my novel. Loving it. Like when you look up at a lover you've been taking for granted and you see how beautiful they are. I have to take these moments and savour them, because it's usually not such a happy process. There was the year the book sat in a drawer like a sweater I was ashamed to have ever worn outside. I swear I would dance if I wasn't in the middle of Luna cafe. I love my characters so much. They are so strange and interesting. Even if I'm the only one who ever thinks this and the book is a critical failure, i'll remember this moment, which is so much about writing and nothing to do with publishing. Feels good.

1 comment:

mademoiselle sand said...

I'll drink to that, woman
(some shandy)