Friday, September 01, 2006

oh, gargoyles

Interesting response to the Douglas Coupland article here.

(Via www.bookninja, bien sur.) Eventually I will get my own responses to these ideas, but I have to run off and appease women with poodles-in-arms they will get what they want from life. I would elaborate on this but I had to sign a confidentiality agreement with the temp job I have for this week. This, for a confessional professional exaggerator/liar, is so tempting and odd. It makes me want to log every exciting tid-bit of my otherwise boring and frustrating day.

Dear gods of freelance, editors at large, please put cheque in envelope. Please put stamp on envelope. Please address to me. Please give to crazy mail lady who likes to yell at my building's mail-boxes, scratching angry leters into metal numbered cubes that remain unlocked overnight. Her rage knows no bounds. I'm convinced she eats my cheques as revenge against faulty old mailbox design.

I've been meaning to mention that I've developed an all-consuming affection for The Jane Show on CTV. I don't know why. It's very funny and comes on right after the Office. And Teresa P. is Parkdalian. So, props. You know.

I've had too much coffee and will erase this in 20 minutes.

No comments: