Monday, November 05, 2007

Named Best Emerging Author by Now Magazine


In Now Magazine's Best of Toronto 2007


Best emerging author
ZOE WHITTALL
"We knew T.O. scenester and poet Whittall had a cool critical sensibility – she edited the excellent anthology Geeks, Misfits And Outlaws (McGilligan) and reviews books for NOW. But she blew us away with her first novel, Bottle Rocket Hearts (Cormorant), about growing up queer in Montreal. Hope the next one's set in T.O."


I *love* when I'm referred to as a scenester because in reality I barely leave my house to go to social events unless I am being paid to be there, or it's a dear friend's birthday or book launch. I get to seem much cooler than I am.

2 comments:

Hymes said...

we need revolution check out freeatlastfreeatlast.blogspot.com

MPanko said...

Hi Zoe! You probably don't remember me, but I was a classmate of yours at Concordia, many years ago. It is really decent to see you get this excellent recognition.

We put together a crazy catalogue for an invented press for Editing, Publishing & Creative Research.

Congratulations,

Maggie Panko