Thursday, March 05, 2009

long time coming

I've been finishing up the final draft of my second novel, coming out with House of Anansi **in hardcover** this fall. Woot! I've been calling it The Beast. The Beast doesn't allow much time for other things.

Upcoming Events:

- Ottawa International Writers' Festival, April 29th. Details TBA. Did a photo shoot with photographer Jenna Wakani for Cap Xtra. Despite the worst sinus headache of the century, we had a lot of goofy fun.
- I will be reading at Harbourfront Centre on March 25th with 19 other poets as part of an under-35-year-old poets extravaganza.
- I'm one of the authors involved with The Canada CODE, the first digital collaborative art project of its kind and a project of the Cultural Olympiad of the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games. I know, me + olympics = tres bizarre, but it's a pretty interesting project.

I finally got new headshots done since trying to be 28 all the time was getting a bit, well, dishonest. The lovely Kelly Clipperton took them. Here is a sample:

No comments: