Sunday, October 18, 2009

Book Tour Day 6: Banff



Here I am trying to capture the view from our hotel room in Banff at the Arts Centre. It's day six of my festival tour promoting both Holding Still and Precordial Thump. Last night I performed at the Poetry Cabaret, hosted by the lovely Lorna Crozier, amongst some very talented poets I was honoured to share the stage with - Karen Solie, Billeh Nickerson, Alexis O'Hara and more.

Wordfest is a great festival to be a part of - who knew you could have so much fun in Calgary? I got to read with a varied cross-section of writers, like Colin McAdam and Elizabeth Bachinsky and Barry Callaghan. With the exception of Nickleback being mandatory in all restaurants and stores, it pretty much rocked. Next stop: Vancouver International Writers' Festival.

No comments: