Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bottle Rocket Hearts optioned for film

I'm very excited to announce that film rights to Bottle Rocket Hearts have been optioned to producers Michelle Mama, Stephanie Markowitz, and Sonia Hosko, and executive producers Jennifer Weiss and Simone Urdl, who co-produced Sarah Polley's Away From Her. I've been hired to co-write the script with Linsey Stewart, a writer from the CBC TV show Being Erica. The deal was arranged by Sarah Cooper of The Saint Agency, on behalf of Samantha Haywood of the Transatlantic Literary Agency.

Woot! Now...who will play Eve? Suggestions?

7 comments:

Lukas Blakk said...

Ellen Page!!

Flossie said...

I second Ellen Page. Or Sara Quin! She could pass for someone younger...

trixie + beever said...

Congrats, Zoe! Such an amazing team you've got there; I'm beyond thrilled for you!
I just read BRH (finally!) after getting it for xmas from my sweet bro. I started to write you a gushy facebook message about how much I loved it, but then facebook did something weird and it disappeared. Which made me self-conscious about the gush. So this is the replacement message, sparked by your awesome news. I loved loved loved it, and next time I see you I will probably babble on some more about how much I loved it.

And yes, another vote for Ellen Page.

Tina Chaulk said...

Wow! Congratulations.

Shannon Webb-Campbell said...

Congrats Zoe! That's great news. And I think I'd have to go with the majority, Ellen Page it is. She lives across the street - want me to slip her a note under the door? Maybe the mailbox would be more formal.

underscore said...

I'd avoid ellen page...too easy/not specific enough...what about beatrice martin (coeur de pirate)? I think she'd be an awesome choice...

Carrie Mac said...

Hi Zoe,
Carrie Mac here. Congratulations! You should hire the imaginary manifestations of your characters that populated my head as I was reading it. If you have a minute, email me: carrie@carriemac.com
I meant to reply to you way back when, but then my computer committed suicide.
Good luck with the movie shenanigans!