Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Spring update

Sorry for the lack of posting, but its spring in Toronto and I've been busy biking around my new neighbourhood and feeling pretty awesome about the end of winter.

Some new things:

My newest book is a bit of a departure for me, and I'm a little nervous about it. The Middle Ground is a short novel I wrote for Orca Books' Rapid Reads series, and is now out in stores! It's about a small town girl and one insane and oddly violent day in her otherwise normal life. I wrote it last summer while visiting my partner's family in Ruthven, a small town near Leamington, Ontario. The series is geared towards readers with low literacy skills, but the books can be read by anyone who wants a quick, engaging read. I've spent a lot of time in airports this year, and I think they'd make a great carry-on book.

Here is the requisite photo-of-me with book, and below that, a new head shot by Halifax-based photographer, Shannon Webb Campbell. Shannon is also a fabulous journalist and writer.



1 comment:

Jacqueline Pearce said...

Hi. I write for Orca's younger readers and preordered a copy of your new book through them. Looking forward to reading it!

Jacquie