Wednesday, April 04, 2012

We've been in a tropical moonlight night / 'Cause nobody taught her 'bout you*

It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after a relaxing week spent here:
In a month I'll be heading to The Banff Arts Centre to work diligently on the latest novel and a book of short stories. Some quick things:

Tomorrow I will be a guest at the Humber College Book Club - who have been reading Holding Still for as Long as Possible. I love book club visits.

On June 12th, I will be reading at a Night of Literature and Storytelling for Thunder Bay Pride at the Mary JL Black Library with fellow writers Susan Goldberg - an old friend from the Stern Writing Mistresses writing group days - Rachel Mishenene,and Ma-Nee Chacaby.

If you're in Toronto for Pride this year I'll be doing a stand-up comedy gig with fellow scribe Mariko Tamaki.

I wrote a guest books column for The Toronto Standard.

In May my good friend Grace O'Connell will be launching her first novel The Magnified World - which is brilliant, btw. I reviewed for Fashion. I would strongly recommend that you pick it up for your summer reading pleasure.

*Lyrics taken from the soundtrack to our trip to the Bahamas, which was of course, Bahamas. (Ok, this was also on repeat. Love Kelly!)

No comments: