Monday, January 07, 2013

Winter update

It has been quite a long time, my dear 12 readers. I am still here and excited about turning over a new leaf in 2013. There hasn't been much to update you about in 2012.

In the fall I had two excellent readings in Edmonton, and a talk at York University, but other than that I've been at home, tapping away at my new novel, The Worst Kind of People and the film script for Holding Still for as Long as Possible.

I have been paying the bills teaching writing at The University of Guelph, and online for the University of Toronto. I'll be teaching a second level short story workshop starting in February if you'd like to join the class. I've also been doing little things like this for CBC Music, and reviewing books for The Walrus and the Globe, most recently the musical teen dream memoir 1982 by Jian Ghomeshi. You can also check out the February issue of The Believer Magazine for my interview with the lovely and iconic author Sarah Schulman. If you haven't already, I would urge you to read Sweet Jesus, the new novel by Christine Pountney, my favourite Canadian book of 2012. And to stop myself from posting yet another photo of one of my cats, here is me in my Edmonton hotel room wearing the most excellent new dress from Rowena in #yeg, the best dress shop in Canada, perhaps?

No comments: